One of South Lake Tahoe’s most anticipated summer events, the American Century Championship celebrity golf tournament at Edgewood Tahoe, is back again for 2023. It’s fun, it’s chill, it’s sporty—and most importantly—it’s the perfect opportunity to drink beer with your friends in that high Sierra sun.
Yes, the Lake Tahoe Golf Tournament is a favorite for good reason. When else do you get to mix and mingle with a slew of happy pro-athletes and celebs, just out enjoying the simple things in life? Plus, any time spent at the Edgewood Tahoe golf course is time well spent. The location is perfect; just steps from the Stateline casinos, and the views of Lake Tahoe? Even better.
Let’s talk details!
When is the Lake Tahoe Celebrity American Century Championship Tournament?
The 2023 dates for the celebrity golf tournament are Wednesday, July 12 – Sunday, July 16.
Join professional athletes, both retired and current, plus entertainers, television personalities and beyond as they compete for the $600,000 purse. Not only does it make for an epic week in Lake Tahoe, but the tournament receives network television exposure on the Golf Channel and is one of the organization’s most well-loved events!
American Century Championship Ticket Prices:
Tickets on sale now! Purchase them here.
Daily ticket prices:
- $30 per day—Wednesday & Thursday.
- $40 per day—Friday, Saturday & Sunday.
All access pass:
- $125 total—valid every day from Wednesday to Sunday. (Limited quantities are available!)
Present the QR code ticket confirmation, printed or on your phone, for admission. Entry is at the Edgewood Tahoe Golf Course main spectator entrance.
2023 Gate Hours:
- Wednesday, July 12th – 8:00 am-4:00 pm
- Thursday, July 13th – 8:00 am-4:00 pm
- Friday, July 14th – 7:00 am-2:00 pm
- Saturday, July 15th – 7:00 am-2:00 pm
- Sunday, July 16th – 7:00 am-2:00 pm
Important Visitor Information:
- The re-entry policy states that daily tickets are single entry only. (Sorry—no popping out for a beer stock up at CVS.)
- All tickets are non-refundable.
- Only clear bags are allowed onto the golf course.
- One child under the age of 10 and younger receives free admission with a paid adult ticket.
Who will be playing in the 2023 Lake Tahoe celebrity golf tournament?
Cost, location, dates—we’re pretty sure all of that information is second tier to who is going to be there. It’s the celebrity golf tournament, after all! Typically flooded with sports and entertainment personalities, like athletes, musicians and actors, it’s always exciting to watch the year’s list of golfers roll in.
In past years, some notable names have made it out to the Edgewood Tahoe tournament. Roll call?
- Athletes & Retired Athletes: Stephen Curry, Josh Allen, Tony Romo, Charles Barkley, Jerry Rice, Patrick Mahomes & Travis Kelce
- Actors: Miles Teller, Anthony Anderson, Brian Baumgartner, Rob Riggle & Ray Romano,
- Musicians: Justin Timberlake, Nick Jonas & Jake Owen
You can check head over to the American Century Championship celebrities page to check out last year’s attendees, and to keep an eye out for an updated celebrity list for 2023.
What’s it like to attend the American Century Celebrity Tournament?
The weekend goes a little something like this—you arrive at Edgewood Tahoe in the morning, map out the schedule of your favorite golfer, follow them around the golf course and spectate like you would any normal golf tournament.
The big curve ball, however, is Hole 17. It’s arguably what you’re buying your ticket for. Set quite literally on the shores of Lake Tahoe, Hole 17 is basically one big party. There’s a DJ, games, plenty of celebrity interactions and a whole slew of boat-in spectators watching from the water.
You can chill on the beach, get a tan, watch all of the celebrities roll through & get loose. It’s simply the spot to be if you’re there for party times.
Where should I stay for the American Century Championship?
The tournament takes place at the Edgewood Tahoe golf course, which of course, is located in South Lake Tahoe. If you want to be in on the action—re: at the tournament by day, spotting for celebrities in the casinos by night—you’ll want to stay around Stateline.
You’ll want to book your hotel ASAP! Obviously, this is a popular weekend in South Lake Tahoe, so the sooner you book, the better.
Vacation Rentals Near Edgewood Tahoe
Here are a few good options! When these get booked, look around the area for other listings. We’re focused on location here anyways.
- 4, 5 & 6 Bedroom Luxury Townhomes by the Heavenly Village: With forest land outside your back door and the heart of South Lake Tahoe out your front door, these luxury townhomes promise the perfect stay. Lots of parking & walkability.
- 3 Bedroom Condo in Lake Village: On the Nevada side of Stateline, in a comfortable residential community. Close to everything, but a busy highway out front means you’ll want to drive wherever you’re going.
- 2 Bedroom Townhouse in Lakeland Village: Steps from the lake, and walking distance to local shops, restaurants, Ski Run marina and South Lake Tahoe’s Whole Foods, this is an ideal location.
- 1 Bedroom Cottage near the casinos: A little unconventional, but a good price and excellent location, we like this one. Book this if being walking distance to the event is all the luxury you need.
- 4 Bedroom Kingsbury Home: A neighborhood gem on the Nevada side of Stateline, this one is close to everything, yet away from the madness.
Hotels Near Edgewood Tahoe
Budget, luxury, somewhere in between? There is truly a hotel for every type & taste around Stateline. The hard part is choosing.
- Hard Rock Hotel & Casino: A stay here is as close as you can physically get to Edgewood Tahoe without actually staying there. Plus, there will be tons of action here all weekend.
- South Lake Chalet – Boutique Suite: Chalet, boutique, suite. All sound expensive. But it’s actually not bad. It’s chic, clean, modern, has a kitchenette and is the perfect location.
- Forest Suites Resort: Don’t sleep on the Forest Suites! Right next to the Heavenly Village, rooms feature kitchenettes and are comfortable and quiet.
- The Landing Resort & Spa: Wanna make it a classy stay? The Landing is a dream of a lakefront spa hotel with mountain chic rooms, a pet-friendly status and a delicious on-site steakhouse.
What else is there to know? There is one last tip. And since you made it to the bottom, we’ll give it to you. The Flight Deck is a particularly good lunch pick during the celebrity golf tournament. With views of the Lake Tahoe airport runway from the bar, you can watch celebs fly in while you sip a cold one!
Other than that, plan ahead, make reservations and enjoy every minute! It’s one of the best weekends in South Lake Tahoe. Be safe and have fun!